Faster and more intense! These words from Star Wars visionary George Lucas have inspired Teresa Delgado, Sarah Woloski, and Tricia Barr to shake things up at Fangirls Going Rogue. Episodes will be shorter and more frequent, with singular topical focus. And they won’t all be Star Wars, but we’re confident Star Wars will seep into the conversation. Up first, a character focused discussion on the women of Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. Marvel Studios hit it out of the park on representing, not just one, but four amazing, fully-realized female characters. Tricia Barr and Sarah Woloski break down what makes Ying Li, Katy, Xialing, and Ying Nan such compelling characters that drive Shang-Chi’s journey.
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR LATEST PRIORITY TRANSMISSION: Star Wars Visions Roundtable!
- The Women of Shang-Chi Owning Their Power (via Marvel)
- The Complex Women of Shang-Chi (via Refinery 29)
- Color in Chinese culture
- The Complicated Relationship Between Hollywood, Asian Representation, and Marvel’s Shang-Chi (via Vice)
- Hyperspace Theories: The Glorious Purpose of Loki
- Skywalking Through Neverland: Shang-Chi Reactions with Bryan Lee
- Fangirls Going Rogue’s September Update with Zoom Discussion information
- Fangirls Going Rogue Twitter | Instagram
- Tricia Barr Twitter | Instagram
- Sarah Woloski Twitter | Instagram
- Teresa Delgado Twitter | Instagram
- Sandra Choute Twitter | Instagram
- Kai Charles Twitter | Instagram
- Facebook Public | Private
- You must answer the 3 questions to join the Private Facebook group!
You must be logged in to post a comment.